Friday, September 01, 2006

Taking the blog's virginity.

Made a blog for my FFXI character Eulore on the Quetzalcoatl server. If you're reading this and you don't know me you're probably very bored or something.

I won't bore you with my past and how I started and such, and honestly I can't be arsed to remember.

I'm in the end-game Linkshell CelestialKnights. We are mostly Sky based, but also do pop NMs, Sea NMs, and sometimes 3 Kings. Personally I wish we would camp Kings more often, however the majority of our members aren't on at the very flexible and sometimes wild hours required to camp Kings.

I am on CoP Mission 8-3, words cannot describe how much I am impressed with the static I lead to beat these CoP missions. Neosquall, Norkio, Nichole, Uliwela, and Bedwarmer, you are all some of the most talented players on the server. We've only lost 2 BC's, the Airship fight we had Ultima (the last boss in the BC) down to 3% on our very first run (no dry runs) before we were ejected out because of the time limit. The second time we went in we beat the time record clearing it well over 10 minutes before the limit. The other BC we lost to was the Promyvion - Holla final BC, which we went in 2 hours later for our 2-hour abilities to be up and completely destroyed that too. We've never done a dry run on any BC because I don't believe in them, and didn't like the idea of losing EXP/time. Call me a hardass, but we play to win.

I'm on Zilart Mission 17. Special thanks to everyone who had helped me get sky access, with special thanks to Sethela (now retired ; ;) who helped me with the majority of the missions. Also special thanks to CK for helping me complete Divine Might and obtain my Suppanomimi.

I'm in an Assault static lead by Aeron from CK. The other members are Rsouljah, Rukkia, Wakmidget, and Thefirst. We are currently on the Superior Private Assaults, and plan to tackle the Missions eventually as well.

Recently I bought my last piece of Paladin gear I need, which was the Cassie Earring. The only other buyable piece I need besides this is the Kaiser Shield which I don't plan to buy in a very long time due to its rarity and high price (15-20 million or so, I don't even know the exact price). This was a very happy time as now all I need is rare/ex items to become my dream of the perfect Paladin, and lets me spend gil improving my Ninja. I have sold all my solo/exp party Paladin gear because with Ninja leveled I don't need it anymore.

I play Ninja differently than most other players expect. On the grind 37-75, I used heavily DD oriented gear, whereas most Ninjas use mass amounts of evasion. It took a lot more concentration counting shadows and timing the casting, but it was worth it. Most people think that Ninjas need these high amounts of evasion to not get hit, and this is simply not true. With haste and my high parry skill that I had from Paladin, I rarely got hit because I counted my shadows like any good Ninja should. I had trouble holding hate in less than 10 parties the entire grind, and hated partying with Thieves as I felt the extra hate was not needed, and in most cases it wasn't. Needless to say, many people were impressed, and hopefully I changed the way Ninja is viewed to multiple people. Now at 75 people do consider Ninja an excellent DD (one of the top 3), and I continue to strive to be the best with my equipment and merits. I still have a long way to go though, but hopefully one day I will get there.

My Ninja does have an HNM gear set, however it's no where near the best, and mostly something I threw together with less than 1 million in case I couldn't tank anything on my Paladin. So far the only Higher level NMs I've tanked are Ancient Goobue (Trioed with me Kiting), Feeler Antlion (Rostrum Pumps NM), and Suzaku (Sky god). Each time I think I did exceptionally well. That being said, I perfer PLD/NIN on wyrms (Fought Jormungand a few times) compared to NIN/WAR because I have the ability to heal myself and the other tanks, cover them to regain MP thanks to Valor Surcoat, and still take little to no damage while they're on the ground. I don't have DRK subjob for Ninja leveled yet, because I hate leveling it, but hopefully will get that done someday.

I don't think I have much else to say, jeez that was a long post. I'm out.

-Eulore

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should put pics in of my 1337ness and stuff. THIS BLOG NEEDS MORE PICHARS SON.